Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day Tulle Wreath Tutorial


My mama gave me the idea for this super cute Valentine's Day wreath! It was so easy to make, so cheap, and seriously took less than an hour. My daddy likes to call it the "Wow Factor Wreath" (lol!) but the ladies of the house think it's gorgeous! 


What You'll Need: 
- a styrofoam wreath 
- letters or a word 
- multiple colors of tulle 
- pretty paint
- scissors 
- a ruler 
- a glue gun 

*All the supplies needed for this wreath were purchased at Walmart. 
Total Cost: $12 


First, I wanted to spice up the love some some! I used tooth picks to add XO's, hearts, and kissy mouths to the word. I bought this word at Walmart for, I think, about $2. 


To start the actual wreath, you need to wrap the tulle around an object that is about 10 inches long. I chose to wrap it around my mama's iPad. I've used this same method when making tutus (fake grown-up over here!) and it seriously is sooo much easier than measuring out each strip with a ruler! 


Once you've wrapped all the tulle around your object and it looks like this, it's time to cut. 

                                      

Just run your scissors right down the edge one one side to cut the strips. 


You'll then be left with a stack of 20 inch strips! Do the same method for the red tulle and the white tulle. 

  

Once you've cut all of your strips, it's time to start tying them! You basically just want to make little knots with each strip around the styrofoam wreath. Fold the strip in half and slide it under the wreath. Then take the tail ends and pull them through the looped end. Then just pull tight! Continue this all around the wreath, alternating colors. 


After you've tied all the pieces on, it should look something like this! 


Hot glue your wooden word or letters on and you're all done! 



I absolutely love this wreath and will probably keep it up well past Valentine's Day. I hope that you've enjoyed this tutorial! Keep an eye out for more tutorials in the future for fun, easy, and cheap holiday decorations! 

Happy early Valentine's Day to you and yours! 


xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment