Monday, June 1, 2015

Bridal Shower Gift Idea


decals // tumbler // koozie // tank top // makeup bag // tote bag

Saturday I attended a bridal shower for my beautiful friend and sorority sister, Kelsey. It was the very best shower I have ever been to. Seriously. It was at a beautiful river house with a killer view. The food was delicious, the games were a lot of fun, and the love for Kelsey was perfectly abundant. There was sangria, a tray of cupcakes, and enough chevron and teal to last Kelsey long into her happily ever after. The day was ideal. 

When I was deciding what to get Kelsey for her shower, I couldn't settle with a toaster or some kitchen towels. Those kind of gifts are obviously so much more practical and probably more of what she was hoping for (or else she wouldn't have registered for them, lol), but I wanted to do something specifically for her. Something that celebrated only her. For her birthday, her future hubs bought her a few things with her new monogram on it and I remember how much she LOVED that. Being our sorority's very own Miss Monogram (thank you very much), I knew that this would be the perfect gift for her.

I knew that I was going to get too excited and buy everything I could, so I tried to keep a price limit per item and get her the "monogram essentials". I tried not to spend more than $15 per item, of course that didn't happen, but there were a handful of things less than $10, so that counteracts.... right? This was so much fun to put together and I looked forward to opening the mailbox everyday and seeing the newest addition to the basket waiting on me! Of course, I ran into some items that were less than perfect and ran into some shops that could also be described as less than perfect, or just down right rude. But I also found some really incredible shops that produced really awesome products. I had a minor crisis 10 days before the shower, but a couple of these shops really helped me out and were so wonderful to rush my orders. Check out my favorite shops from this project (listed above) and tell them I sent you! I will definitely be ordering a few of these items for myself in the future! 


I'm so happy that Kelsey loved her gift and I am beyond thankful to have been included in such a special day for her. The day was classy, eloquent, and beautiful, just like her! Kelsey is one of the most special people I have ever met. Her heart is kind and caring, her personality is easy-going and determined, she is extremely giving and patient and understanding, and she is hilarious. These things and so much more tell me that she is going to be an incredible wife. I am so excited for her! Only 47 more days! I love you, Kels! 

xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment