Monday, June 15, 2015

Never Pay Full Price for Lilly Again



I've been collecting Lilly Pulitzer since my junior year of college and what I hear more often than not is how do you afford this or why waste so much money? The answer to both questions is easy: I'm not. I'm not affording this and I'm certainly not wasting money. Confused yet? Let me explain. Up until Memorial Day 2015, I've never purchased Lilly at full price. So, technically, I'm not affording Lilly. I'm buying at much less than retail. And I'm not wasting money because if I were to go to Target or Old Navy and buy a pair of shorts, they'd be about $25, the same as I've paid for most of my Lilly. Now let me go into a little more detail on how I actually do this. 

1. The After Party Sale- I'm sure if you know and love Lilly, you've heard of this, but I'm including it anyways because this is how I score a lot of my pieces. The APS is held at the end of the summer on the official Lilly website. Items are discounted like crazy... I'm talking less than $40 for Delias crazy! It goes live at 8am and stuff goes fast, but that's kind of part of the hype! 
2. Rue La La // website- Rue La La is probably my second favorite way to score Lilly. Although, it's almost as rare as the APS, Rue La La only posts Lilly a few times a year and you have to be FAST to grab anything. The pieces I've ordered from Rue have been dirt cheap, meaning less than $30. You can sign up for email and texts alert through Rue La La so you never miss a sale. 
3. Facebook- Yes, that's right. Facebook. When I first found out about this, I was both impressed and skeptical. Over the last year though, I have become a member of over 25 buy/sell/trade Lilly groups on Facebook. These groups are perfect if you're searching for something specific (there are groups designated just to Lilly shorts, Elsas, even specific sizes). Simply comment with your paypal and it's yours! 
4. eBay- Of course, eBay is on the list. I almost hate to include it because eBay creates money hungry monsters who sell things 10x their retail price, buttttttt. You can also get the flip side to that and score pieces for a fifth of their retail. 
5. Instagram- This is probably the easiest way to buy discounted Lilly, but it's pretty hard to search for something specific. Just type in the hashtags: #lillypulitzerforsale, #relilly, or #buymylilly and be prepared to be amazed. Thousands of posts will pop up, now all you have to do is scroll. 
6. Rent The Runway // website- Rent the Runway is such a perfect invention. It's literally what you think: renting dresses. If you have a wedding, formal event, or you just want to have some fun, you can type Lilly Pulitzer in the search bar and rent gorgeous dresses for four or eight days for as cheap as $20. You can also rent accessories to complete the look. Whoever invented this was a pure genius. 



There are tons of other apps and sites you can use, but since I've never personally used those, I don't want to comment on them and steer you wrong. I've used all of the resources listed above to purchase almost all of my Lilly (I caved and bought two pairs of full price shorts...eeek!) and I will continue to use them over purchasing full price. Let me know if you use any of these listed above or if you have a great site/app I should check out! As always, happy shopping! 

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment