Saturday, July 11, 2015

101 in 1001.

Happy Saturday, Friends! I should be up doing chores and getting ready (my best friend Sam is picking out her wedding dress today.... eeeeeeeeek!), but I am laying in bed alternating between Gilmore Girls and youtube videos. I decided to be "semi-productive" and finally compose this post that I've been working on all week. 

I can't remember exactly where I heard about the 101 in 1001 challenge first, but once I started searching for it, I couldn't stop. A few of my favorite bloggers (Rhiannon, Sami, and Caroline) are currently crossing things off themselves, which has inspired me to start my own 101 in 1001 list. 

The challenge is to create a list of 101 things (both big and small!) you hope to accomplish in the next 1001 days (about 2.75 years). My main goal when completing this over the next few years is to become a better person in multiple aspects, to live in the present and take advantage of life, and to overcome some fears and setbacks. Once a task is completed, I'll strike through it. If a task is in the process of being completed, I'll bold it. And most importantly, I will try to make posts about as many of my completed tasks as I can. I am so looking forward to starting this and I hope you will join me on this journey! 

Start Date: July 11th, 2015
End Date: April 7th, 2018

1. Move into my own apartment/house. 
2. Get my Masters degree. 
3. Dress up for Halloween. 
4. See a movie at a drive-in theater. 
5. Go on a vacation with my boyfriend. 
6. Go to Pensacola. 
7. Get a passport. 
8. See Blake Shelton in concert. 
9. Parasail over the gulf. 
10. Do a giveaway on the blog. 
11. Establish and obey a blog schedule.
12. Get 1,000 followers on TCA instagram. 
13. Make a TCA twitter account. 
14. Run 15 5ks. (2/15) 
15. Read the Bible cover to cover. 
16. Meet my weight/fitness goals. 
17. Take a pilates class. 
18. Save 40% of each paycheck.
19. Workout 4 days a week for a month. 
20. Run a mile without stopping. 
21. Organize a recipe book.
22. Start a hope chest.
23. Get engaged.
24. Visit 3 new states. 
25. Own a pair of Hunter rain boots. 
26. Organize my room. 
27. Finish decorating my room. 
28. Be featured on another blog. 
29. Go to Mardi Gras.
30. Go to Disney World as an adult.
31. Give the blog a makeover.
32. Start a prayer journal.
33. Try 10 new restaurants in Hampton Roads. 
34. Do a Paint Nite with boyfriend/friends. 
35. Start an address book. 
36. Participate in "Get to know me Friday".
37. Send 10 handwritten letters in the mail. (2/10)
38. Learn how to take better pictures with my phone.
39. Make a scrapbook for my parents. 
40. Make a scrapbook for Grady.
41. Make Dean's List.
42. Get professional pictures taken with boyfriend.
43. Start the Love journal.
44. Get to 6,000 views on the blog.
45. Participate in 5 sorority events as an alumni. (1/5)
46. Get my first wellness job.
47. Take Nana on special date day.
48. Give 5 "just because" presents. (1/5)
49. Organize nail polish collection. 
50. Attend 3 Yankees games.
51. Cut out all fast food for a month.
52. Join Alumni Association.
53. Adopt a child from the Angel Tree with boyfriend.
54. Donate to a new charity.
55. Try 30 things from Pinterest.
56. Send Christmas cards.
57. Lead my own summer camp.
58. Pay for 20 dates with boyfriend. (2/20)
59. Take 5 friends to lunch. (1/5)
60. Take more photos as a family.
61. Go to an Alabama game.
62. Strengthen my professional wardrobe. 
63. Take mom and dad to dinner.
64. Read 30 books. (1/30)
65. Host a game night.
66. Hike in the Appalachian Mountains.
67. Go to a driving range. 
68. Have a picnic.
69. Reconnect with an old friend. 
70. Learn to swim.
71. Learn to do calligraphy. 
72. Get highlights. 
73. Stand next to my best friend on her wedding day.
74. Stay in a log cabin.
75. Paint a mermaid at the Mermaid Factory.
76. Start building credit.
77. Save $10 for every goal I reach.
78. Add to boyfriend scrapbook.
79. Pay for a policeman/fireman's meal.
80. Meet boyfriend's grandma.
81. Spend half the day at Busch Gardens and half at Water Country USA.
82. Start a "future" savings fund.
83. Make $500 selling stuff on eBay.
84. Go on a sister trip.
85. Be a tourist in my own town. 
86. Start a tradition with boyfriend. 
87. Ride a ferris wheel.
88. Rewrite my resume.
89. Negotiate a raise.
90. Invest in something.
91. Research family history.
92. Learn to do makeup more professionally.
93. Learn how to curl hair the right way.
94. Stay at the beach for a week.
95. Donate to Autism Speaks yearly.
96. Inspire someone else to create a list.
97. Complete a knitting project.
98. Start a small business. 
99. Do something that scares me from boyfriend's bucket list. 
100. Take boyfriend to his first Duke game. 
101. Clean out closet and donate stuff I no longer wear. 

Wish me luck in crossing everything off by 2018! Let me know if this has inspired you to create your own list, so I can cross that task off! Enjoy your Saturday! 

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment