Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Weekend Recap.

This weekend was certainly one for the books. I usually don't "recap" my weekends like this, but this was one was filled with so much love, fun, and memories, I have to write it down to look back on in a year. 

7.17.15
The weekend kicked off with dinner with the boyfriend's family. Dinner with them is something rare (due to everyone's hectic lives), but man, it sure is special. We had burgers and swapped stories. Being around those people is easy and comfortable and I'm thankful that he and I feel so welcome in each other's families. 

7.18.15
Saturday was such a special day. One of my dearest friends and sorority sister, Kelsey, finally tied the knot. Her wedding was PERFECT. I am not kidding. This was the wedding of the century. It was at a beautiful venue looking over a marina. Everything from the food to the flowers to the decorations to her princess gown were perfect picks. Unlike many other weddings I've been to, this one screamed the bride and groom's names. Everything about the wedding was so them. Her favorite colors were sprinkled throughout the room, pictures of them were placed on each table along with beachy decorations, the music brought out the inner dancing machine in us all. I pray that my wedding is as wonderful as theirs. Congratulations to my sweet friend and her hubby! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and pray that you guys never stop the fun! 

This is my new favorite picture of boyfriend & I. 
Hands down the very best wedding date I could ask 
for. From starting a train/conga line thing that wrapped
around the whole room to being my personal 
photographer/drink fetcher/dance partner. He's a CHAMP.

My two beautiful Rose Buddy twins, Kelsey & Allyson. 
Look at that killer dress!!!! She looks like a true princess!

7.19.15
Luckily, we weren't home too late from the wedding because due to my awesome (note the sarcasm) planning skills. I signed boyfriend and I up for a 5k run the morning after the wedding. Yup, so that happened. All in all, it went totally fine considering we were out late the night before. That Virginia heat though was another story! Boyfriend and I shaved a good six minutes off our time from our last 5k, which is a small improvement but we are very happy with our results! This is the second 5k we've ran this year and we'll definitely continue to do them.... once it gets a little cooler, lol. But look how cute our medals are! 


Post 5k, we decided to be real grown ups and hit one of the famous local brunch spots in Virginia Beach, Citrus. $3 mimosas and nearly a two foot menu. I don't think I need to say more. 


Did I mention my lack of planning skills with this weekend yet? Just when I thought I could finally relax and catch up on my sleep (5ks in 103 degrees are exhausting, y'all), I remembered the Tim McGraw concert. Post brunch was rushing home, fastest shower of my life, throwing on my new Francesca's dress, and attempting to nap before I had to do my hair and makeup.. which melted off before the first opening performer even started. But it was a fun night. Boyfriend and I sat with one of my best friends from college and I ran into a ton of sisters. 

Although this weekend was HECTIC, it was perfect. I love busy weekends and I love spending time with friends and family I love. I hope your weekend was also one for the books! Only 3 more days until we get to do it all again! 
Happy Tuesday! 

xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment