Wednesday, September 9, 2015

101 in 1001: Update

I created my 101 in 1001 list almost two months ago. I had planned on sharing with y'all every time I crossed something off the list, but life has gotten crazy the last few months. Crazy, but a good kind of crazy. SO! I decided to set aside some time this week to catch you guys up on what I have crossed off and what I am in the process of crossing off!


13. Make a TCA twitter account. 
I wanted to do this to reach more people and be able to keep in contact with all of y'all! I've been slacking with my tweeting, along with everything else in life, but I will get back into the hang of things soon! Follow me here and tell me what the next thing I cross off my list should be! 

14. Run 15 5k races. 
I have ran one 5k race since starting the 101 in 1001 and I am signed up for two in October. I am addicted to running 5ks and plan on running a lot more before the end of the year! I am currently searching for a "turkey trot" 5k for Thanksgiving day. My next two races are a Halloween themed race with boyfriend and the Shine5k with my Plexus girls! Super stoked for both! 

28. Be featured on another blog. 
If you read my last post, then you already know that I teamed up with my August blogger buddy and was featured on her blog. I love Hannah's blog so much and was truly thankful for her asking me to guest post. Check back later this month for some love from my September blogger buddies! 

34. Do a Paint Nite with boyfriend. 
This was one of my favorite memories from this past summer. I wasn't sure how boyfriend would like it, but he absolutely loved it and he wants to do more. Which is fine with me because I love Paint Nites! For those who don't know what in the world I'm talking about, Paint Nite is a night to drink and paint! There is a professional art teacher who has created a work of art and teaches the class how to recreate it while indulging in adult beverages. It's so much fun! 

37. Send 10 handwritten letters. 
So far, I have sent two handwritten letters to a former student of mine and to my August blogger buddy, Hannah. This month I will send out at least two others. I love being creative when writing and decorating the paper and envelopes! If y'all would like to see a post on my stationary collection + how I decorate my mail, let me know in the comments below! 

57. Lead my own summer camp. 
For those that don't know, I work at a Montessori school. My job title is a little "undefined", as there is nothing that I do not do at our school. I put this on the list after spending the last two summers working from other people's lesson plans during camps (our children attend week long camps during the school day with a different theme each week- Dr. Seuss, art, poetry, etc.) I actually got to cross this off a summer early! The last week of summer camp, I had the opportunity to be the lead teacher in the elementary class for Oceanography camp. It was so much fun! 

67. Go to a driving range. 
This was actually a surprise from boyfriend. He had been reading up on my list and saw a groupon for a day at the driving range. It included batting cages and mini golf, too. I don't know what possessed me to put "go to a driving range" on my list, but I enjoyed it. Now he wants me to go golfing with him..... I don't know if I have the attention span for that, lol. 

81. Spend half the day at Busch Gardens and half the day at Water Country USA. 

The week before I started grad school and went back to work, we spent the week in Williamsburg. (Which totally stole my heart, btw) We also utilized a groupon for this one- $40 for a 7 day flex pass for both parks. It was one of the best weeks of my life. I wanted to be a good sport, so I tried a lot of things out of my comfort zone and ended up loving each adventure we took on. 

85. Be a tourist in my own town. 
Boyfriend's little brother recently moved to New York, but before he left, we played tourists in Virginia Beach. We played every single mini golf there is at the ocean front, laser tag, Dave and Busters, hole in the wall mexican food, watched the tour boats. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I put this on my list, but that's the beauty of this whole thing. Doing things you wouldn't expect! 

96. Inspire someone else to create a list. 
My best friend, Sam, and her fiance were inspired by me and created their own list over on their blog. I actually love this more than my own list because it's all stuff they are going to do together. I would love to create a 101 list with boyfriend... maybe after I finish this list though. 

98. Start a small business. 
This is actually the reason why my time has been very limited lately. Not that this should take up a lot of my time, but I want to be super successful with this and give it my all. So, I've spent A LOT of time researching, studying, and perfecting things for this "business". I haven't decided yet how I will incorporate this "business" into my blogging life, but it's something I'm thinking about. 


------
So, there you have it! I am trying so hard to get into a routine of grad school, work, blogging, and this another new adventure. Thank y'all for hanging around and being so supportive of me! Make sure to follow me on social media to keep up with me more often than I can blog! 

xx 

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love that you're crossing stuff off your bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the idea of having goals, even if they're not attainable at the time. Keep up the good work!

    -Abigail
    livingthegraylife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me something to look forward to! It's been so much fun! :)

      Delete