Wednesday, December 9, 2015

101 in 1001: Update 2 + Where Have I Been?!

Good afternoon, my sweet friends! It's the most joyous time of the year and that calls for some serious blogging! I'm sad to say I missed out on all the wonders of fall blogging and all my ideas will just have to wait another year. But this semester has been kicking my butt! Grad school is no joke, y'all. Let me tell ya. 

But I'm back now and hopefully we won't be missing each other anymore! I finish up my second term next Friday and then will be out of school for a month. So I can at least promise you a month full of me before I go back to being a ghost ;) 

I thought it would be great to kick off coming back to blogging with an update on my 101 in 1001 list! Let's see what I've been crossing off lately! 


14. Run 15 5k races. 
In my last update, I mentioned that I was already signed up for 2 races for this past October and I was planning on running more before the end of the year. Well friends, let me just be honest with you and say most of that didn't happen. But that's okay! I ran a really great race with my Plexus team which supported an amazing foundation that teaches young girls the importance of loving themselves and realizing how beautiful they all are. How cool is that? Here are some pictures of my team and I at the race! 



19. Workout 4 days a week for a month. 
I started working out regularly in the middle of September and am so proud to say that I haven't stopped! At first this one was so tough, but with time it got easier and now my days don't feel complete unless I do something active! I love that I am starting to notice changes and I cannot wait to keep up with this goal for the new year! 

31. Give the blog a makeover. 
If you know me personally, you know that I am a creature of habit. I will eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a month straight. I go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning. I hate change. BUT for some reason, I cannot sit still with a theme on this blog! In the (almost) year that I've been blogging, I have gone through more themes than I can count. But I think I have finally found one that I love and I think it will stay... for now! 

56. Send Christmas cards. 
I love, love, love receiving Christmas cards! My favorite have pictures of my parents' friends or relatives across the front laughing at Disney World or chopping down their Christmas tree. Since it might be a little awkward to send a picture card of just me, I chose to take the traditional route. I found these perfect cards on Black Friday in the $3 bin at Target! How cute are they! I am in love with the 'oh what fun' one! 


65. Host a game night. 
Back in October, I hosted a game night at my house complete with Halloween decorations and lots of boos (get it?). It was a double date with my boyfriend, bestie, and her fiancĂ©. But it was perfect. Our spider web plates were covered in Pinterest DIY party foods and cards against humanity was sprawled across the dining room table. I can't wait for the next one! 

100. Take my boyfriend to his first Duke game. 
Let me give y'all some background on this one. My boyfriend and I just celebrated our three year anniversary. He has loved Duke most of his life and has dreamed of going to a game there one day. I really had no intentions on making this happen so soon. When I put this on my 101 list, I was honestly just shooting for the stars. I wanted to put things I never really imagined happening but would be really cool if they did happen in the next 3 years. So, I wrote it down. Let me also say that I never expected to do this for him as young 20 somethings because tickets are EXPENSIVE. Like $700 a piece expensive. 

In August, I started my own business and I have been more than blessed since doing so. My boyfriend is my world. He gives so much for me and works so hard for us and our future. I wanted to use some of my sudden success to show him how much he means to me and that's how this whole thing went from a dream to reality. I ended up buying tickets to the cheapest game all year which ended up being perfect because it fell on the Sunday before our anniversary. So that was how we celebrated three years together. 

I wish I could put into words what that little trip meant to me. I am so blessed to have been able to do this at, basically, the drop of a hat. I am so grateful for the man I surprised who spent the day with the biggest smile on his face. The game was incredible. Like nothing I have ever experienced. Duke University's campus is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. Seriously, y'all. Bucket list item right here! 

  

------------------

And that wraps it up! I'm happy with my progression on my list and can't wait for my next update! I've got some great posts coming soon, so check back in the next coming weeks for those! 

What have you crossed off your list lately? Let me know below! 

Happy Hump Day!! xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment